If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please call University Health Services at (413) 572-5415 before coming into the University Health Services office. If you have tested positive for COVID, please notify Tiffany Fangman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 & Safe Opening Updates
- For the safety of our community, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students who plan to be on campus at any time during the 2022-23 academic year. Boosters are strongly recommended.
- Please submit proof of your completed vaccination series by August 5 here.
- Students who have previously submitted proof of vaccination do not need to resubmit.
- All students who are requesting an exemption to the vaccination policy are required to email Health Services at email@example.com.
Westfield State University COVID-19 policies and protocols are subject to change as public health conditions evolve.
Requirements for All Students
- Required Health Forms & Eligibility
- The Deadline for submission of all student health records is June 1 for fall semester and Dec 1 for students entering for spring semester.
- Please upload (prefered method) via link below OR
- Fax to 413-572-5545 OR
- Mail your health records directly to us at:
Westfield State University
577 Western Avenue
Westfield, MA 01086 OR
- Place forms in yellow drop box outside the Health Services main door.
- Important Healthcare Supplies to Bring to Campus
A healthy body is a healthy mind.
Whether you are feeling sick or need medical advice our professional staff of licensed Nurse Practitioners at Health Services are here to take care of you. Our mission is to provide coordinated health care, wellness education and disease prevention enabling students to achieve their academic goals.
Although Health Services does not currently bill student insurance for visits, any labs/imaging/prescriptions etc. performed or obtained off-site will be billed directly to the student's health insurance. This may result in a copay, deductible or balance due that is the student's responsibility. Health Services is not able to advise students regarding what may or may not be covered by their individual plan.
- If you have a medical emergency call Public Safety by dialing X5262 from a campus phone or 911.
- Emergencies are transported to Baystate Noble Hospital by Public Safety or ambulance.
Health Services provides:
- Health Education
- Prescriptions (sent to pharmacy of choice)
- On-site Strep, Mono, Pregnancy, Flu, COVID-19 and Urinalysis
- Reproductive Health- Contraception, PAP smear
- STI testing & treatment
- Xray’s & labwork (performed off site)
- Condoms provided free of charge, no visit necessary
- Specialty Referrals as needed
Hours, Location, Contact
- Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm**
- WALK IN HOURS: Monday -Friday 8:30am- 10:00am
- Closed: Saturday, Sunday, holidays and weather related closures.
Location: We are located in the back of Scanlon Hall. Follow the rainbow crosswalk!
Phone: 413-572-5415. Fax: 413-572-5545
**Visits by appointment only, please call 413-572-5415 to schedule; same day apts available. Appointments can not be made via email.
Student Health Insurance
Eligible students without existing or adequate health insurance may elect coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield administered via University Health Plans.
If you are a student with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Health Insurance Plan and you have questions about benefits or claims, please call the Member Services number on your student health plan card or visit www.universityhealthplans.com and select Westfield State University from drop down menu.