Permits & Parking Information

Westfield State University has a formal Parking Program that was developed and operates under the aegis of the Parking Control Board. The Parking Control Board recommends University parking policy.

The Parking Control Board authorizes University Police as the enforcement component of all parking regulations.

A parking permit is required for every vehicle operated by a student, faculty, or staff member and parked on campus. A temporary permit is required for all guests, visitors, and contractors parking a vehicle on the campus. 

  • Students may purchase a parking permit by logging into the Westfield State University Parking Portal.
  • Faculty and Staff may register for a parking permit by clicking on the F/S VEHICLE REGISTRATION FORM button at the bottom of the University Parking Information page.
  • Guests, Visitors, and Contractors may obtain a temporary permit by stopping by the University Police Department when arriving on campus. A department may also submit a request on behalf of a guest or visitor prior to their arrival by clicking on the FACULTY/STAFF TEMPORARY PASS button at the bottom of the University Parking Information page.

Parking Citations may be paid for or appealed on the Westfield State University Parking Portal.


Vehicles are to be parked in the lot indicated by their decal or permit at all times. However, South Lot is the overflow lot and any vehicle may park in South Lot provided it has a valid decal or permit.

Those with South Lot permits may park in commuter lots from Friday 5:00 p.m. until Midnight, Sunday.

Visitors attending University sponsored events may park without a permit in any Faculty/Staff "F/S" parking spot (except where signage does not permit) or in any commuter parking spot and do not need a pass after 5:00pm only.

All overnight visitors/guests to campus must register their vehicle with the University Police Department and obtain a temporary parking permit to park only in the South Lot.


All Parking is subject to change when the SNOW EMERGENCY POLICY is in effect.

Information on where parking during a SNOW EMERGENCY will be sent via your WSU email account.

Cars parked in indicated lots when snow emergency policy is in effect are subject to $100.00 ticket and towing.


Remember that the speed limit on campus roads is 15 M.P.H. In all parking lots the speed limit is 5 M.P.H.


Go to the Westfield State University Parking Portal to pay or appeal parking tickets. Inquiries concerning amounts owed should be directed to the Parking Clerk via email.

Tickets may only be appealed up to 21 days after they are issued.


If I'm assigned to South Lot, how will I get back to my residence hall or class building?
University Police operates a Shuttle Service from South Lot. For more information see the Shuttle & Escorts Page.

I'm a commuter student and drive more than one car; may I purchase more than one permit?
No. All students are limited to the purchase of ONE permit. The only exception is for a motorcycle. Motorcycles can be added to your existing permit at no additional cost for commuting students. (Resident students may not have both a car and motorcycle permit.) However, should you need to bring your second vehicle to campus we will gladly provide a 24-hour pass.

Can University Police help jump my car?
The University Police maintains a battery operated booster pack for this purpose. Call University Police at 413-572-5262 and an officer will respond to your on-campus location. University Police will also assist you if you need to contact AAA or a towing company.

Can University Police open my car should I lock my keys in it?
The University Police does not perform this service. University Police will assist if you need to contact AAA or a towing company.