About Your Bill


  • Fall 2024 semester bills are due July 19, 2024
  • Spring 2025 semester bills are due December 13, 2024

Please review our step-by-step instructional Guide for Navigating your WSU Student Account

Accessing your Student Financial Account Center
  • Login to your myWestfield account
  • Click on ‘Main Menu’ by clicking on the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen
  • Select ‘Discover’
  • Search for ‘My Student Finances’
  • Select ‘Pay My Bill Online’
  • This will lead you to the Student Account Center – main page

The blue bar across the top of the page has several important features:

My Account:

  • Account activity:
    • View itemized balances by semester, or using a date range. On the upper right-hand side of the screen, you can expand all data, print it, create an Excel spreadsheet, or a PDF document.
  • Statements
    • View billing statements and statement history and generate an on-demand statement
  • Payment history
    • View a report of payments made by selecting full payment history or a date range.  Please note that ‘payments’ will include other items that credit the student’s account, such as financial aid, deposits, and waivers.  You can also search by amount or key word by using the search box on the right hand side.

My Profile:

  • Authorized Users
  • Personal Profile
    • Enter a secondary email address, opt in for text message alerts & view security settings
  • Payment Profile
    • Add/delete/manage your saved payment methods (checking/savings accounts only; credit card information cannot be saved).  
Adding an Authorized Bill Pay User:

Would you like to grant a parent, guardian, or champion access to view your account balance, access billing statements, and make payments?  To add an authorized user, access the Student Account Center Main Page using the instructions at the top of this page.  Once there, select ‘My Profile’ from the top menu bar and click on ‘Authorized Users’. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to set up an Authorized Bill Pay User

After a student grants access to a student account, you will receive an email with login credential information. Follow the directions in the email.  Please note: the temporary password in the email is only valid for 24 hours, so please log in immediately to set up your account.

You can also access the WSU Payment Center for authorized users using this link: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20645_tsa/web/login.jsp

Adding/Changing a Meal Plan

Students are able to select/change their meal plan themselves online through July 20th for the fall semester, and December 14th for the spring semester. (Any changes requested after these dates will need to be sent to Dining Services via email at dining@westfield.ma.edu)

To select/change your plan online, log into your myWestfield account, go to QuickLinks, and select myHousing. See step-by-step instructions below.

NOTE: Students can only make one change to their meal plan through myHousing. Additional changes must be requested through Dining Services by emailing dining@westfield.ma.edu.

We encourage you to determine your meal plan eligibility by reviewing the information on the Dining Services website before making a change.

Based on whether you are living on campus or commuting next year, follow the instructions below:

Students Living on Campus

All residential students are initially assigned the Nestor’s Unlimited Meal Plan. Residential students may change to a different meal plan they are eligible for by following these steps:

  1. Login to your myWestfield account
  2.  Click on ‘Main Menu’ by clicking on the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen
  3. Select ‘Discover’
  4. Search Meal plan
  5. Select ‘Living on Campus’
  6. Select MyHousing & MyDining
  7. Click/tap on the “Purchased Meal Plans…” drop down menu
  8. Change the semester to Spring 2024
  9. Click/tap on “Change my Meal Plan”
  10. Click/tap the circle next to the meal plan you would like to select/change to
  11. Click/tap “Purchase Meal Plan” at the bottom of the screen

Students Commuting

Commuter students are not initially assigned a meal plan but may select one. Commuter students are able to select any of the five available meal plans.

  1. Login to your myWestfield account
  2. Click on ‘Main Menu’ by clicking on the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen
  3. Select ‘Discover’
  4. Search Meal plan
  5. Select ‘Living on Campus’
  6. Select MyHousing & MyDining
  7. Click/tap on “My Dining Plan” then “Dining Plan”
  8. Click/tap on the “Purchased Meal Plans…” drop down menu
  9. Change the semester to Spring 2024
  10. Click/tap on “Select a Meal Plan” if you are a commuter
  11. Click/tap the circle next to the meal plan you would like to select/change to
  12. Click/tap “Purchase Meal Plan” at the bottom of the screen
External Scholarships

If you were awarded scholarships from other sources, aside from WSU, and want to apply these funds to your balance, please be advised that we will need the award letter emailed to us at StudentAccounts@Westfield.ma.edu the letter must contain the following information:

  1. The amount of scholarships & for which semester(s)
  2. The letter should clearly indicate where the scholarship is being mailed (to WSU or to student). We can only add the scholarship to the student’s account if it is being mailed directly to WSU, so please be sure the letter specifically indicates where the check is being mailed.
  3. An approximate date by which the funds will arrive
  4. A contact person for the scholarship committee (name, phone number, and/or email)
Federal Student Loans

On your financial aid award notification, you were offered a Federal Direct Loan to assist with your student bill.  For you to secure your loan, you will need to complete the following three steps:

  1. (new and returning borrowers) Log into your myWestfield account.
    1. Under the My Student Finances card, click My Financial Aid.
    2. Choose the award year 2023-2024
    3. Choose the Award Offer tab. Scroll down to view your loans.
    4. Under the "Take Action" drop-down, select Accept or Decline. You can accept for just the fall term or for both fall/spring terms. You can also reduce the loan amounts.
    5. Click Submit decision. If you are a returning borrower, you are finished. If you are a new borrower, continue to steps 2 and 3.
  1. (for new borrowers) Log into studentaid.gov with your FSA user ID and password. This is the same one you used to log into your FAFSA. Make sure you log in with your own ID and not your parent’s.
    1. Once logged in, click on the bar “I’m in School”
    2. You will see several options and links. Click on “Complete MPN (Master Promissory Note)”
    3. Under the first option “I’m an Undergrad Student” click on “Start” and follow the prompts. If you are a graduate-level student choose “I’m a Graduate/Professional Student” and Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN.
  1. (for new borrowers) Go back to main page and click on the bar “I’m in School”
    1. Now click on the link “Complete Entrance Counseling”
    2. Under the first option “I’m an Undergrad Student” click on “Start” and follow the prompts. If you are a graduate-level student, chose “I’m a Graduate/Professional Student”

If you have already completed the MPN and Entrance Counseling, you would only need to accept your loan on your myWestfield account. Your loan will not appear as a credit on your bill until all three steps are completed. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office at (413) 579-3080.

Fitness Center Fee (waivable)

Each semester, you are billed $92.50 for use of the fitness center.  This fee entitles you to use the Ely and Woodward Fitness Centers.  The Fitness Centers include strength and conditioning training equipment, a fitness assessment area, a swimming pool, a racquetball court, an aerobic exercise/dance gym, lockers, showers, and more.  If you do NOT wish to utilize the fitness center for the current semester, you may waive it, and the $92.50 charge will be deducted from your account balance within 48 hours.  Here’s how:

  • Login to your myWestfield account.
  • Click on ‘Main Menu’ by clicking on the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen
  • Select ‘Discover’
  • Search ‘My Personal Information’ and click on My Personal Information
  • Scroll to the bottom page
  • Click on ‘Answer a Survey’ to access the fitness center waiver form
  • Click on Yes, WAIVE the fitness center charge, then submit

Still need help? View our video on how to waive the fitness center fee here!

Health Insurance (waivable)

Once a year (typically in the fall semester, unless the student is a spring-semester enrollee) you must complete a health insurance waiver or enrollment form online at www.UniversityHealthPlans.com

  • Select the WAIVER form if you currently have health insurance coverage and would like to waive/remove/deduct the health insurance charge from your billed amount due. Please note that WSU will NOT remove the charge from your bill unless you complete the waiver form online at www.UniversityHealthPlans.com.  Please allow up to 48 hours processing time for the charge to be removed from your account balance.
  • Select the ENROLLMENT form if you do not have health insurance and wish to enroll in the University’s health insurance plan. Please note that you will NOT be enrolled in the plan unless you submit payment for the health insurance premium as appearing on your billing statement.
International Payments

At Westfield State University, we know that our international students often have to pay significant international transfer fees when paying for their tuition fees and expenses. We listened to your challenges, so we've teamed up with TransferMate to provide you a transparent payment method to reduce additional bank fees and improve your payment experience. TransferMate helps international students pay tuition and fees in their local currency from any country. Click here to read more about sending international payments

Lifetime Owls Program

Join the “Lifetime Owls” program by paying the current one-time $75 fee that gives you access to exclusive events, programs, scholarship opportunities and more! Click here to learn more about the Lifetime Owls Program

How to join: Simply fill out the “Lifetime Owls” enrollment form and the $75.00 fee will be added to your student account. Access your student financial center (instructions above) and make your payment.

Military Connected

Military Connected Students

All students who will be utilizing Military/Veteran Benefits MUST complete this form each and every semester.

All full-time Day Division Students pay the same amount for tuition and fees as long as they are registered for 18 or fewer credits and they are Massachusetts Residents. There are additional costs for out of state students, residential students and special programs (i.e. Nursing).

There are also waivable fees which are listed on the student bill. All full-time Massachusetts students are required to have health insurance. We charge health insurance to all students. Students who have their own insurance must complete a waiver at www.universityhealthplans.com to remove the charge from the account.

If you are a member of the military or a veteran and receive the Categorical Tuition Waiver, this will be updated by Veteran & Military Services, if you are unsure, contact Veteran & Military Services.

If you are a National Guard member, and you receive the National Guard Tuition & Fee waiver for tuition and fees, you must email Veteran & Military Services your National Guard Tuition & Fee waiver, prior to registering for classes, or within 5-days of registering for classes online.

If you are using the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, or VA Vocational Rehabilitation, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veteran & Military Services Office. If you are using VA Vocational Rehabilitation (VR&E), you will need to provide the name, phone number and email address of your counselor to Veteran & Military Services.

We offer an installment payment plan for balances of $500.00 or more. There is a $50.00 charge each semester to join the plan. Instructions on our installment payment plans can be found here.

Billing questions should be directed to the Student Accounts Office at 413-579-3090 or via email at StudentAccounts@westfield.ma.edu.

Online Payments

We offer two payment options for paying your balance online: electronic check and credit/debit card. There is no fee for making payments via electronic check. Please note that credit card payments will incur an additional 2.95% service fee, or a minimum of $3.00 (whichever is greater).  Please click here for our Credit Card Fee FAQ’s.

Owl Bucks

Owl Bucks is a declining balance account you can deposit into at any time. Once funded, simply swipe your Westfield ID as a method of payment at the Campus Bookstore as well as participating merchants around campus! A complete list of vendors that accept Owl Bucks is available online by visiting www.OwlBucks.com

Note: Owl Bucks carry over from semester to semester and do not expire. Any unused Owl Bucks will be refunded to the student upon graduation or separation from WSU.

How to Pay to Add Owl Bucks to your WSU ID: visit www.OwlBucks.com and click on ‘Online depositing!’ on the left-hand side of the screen. Students will be prompted to enter their myWestfield login credentials. Parents, Guardians & Champions will click the link at the bottom that reads ‘Click Here to Deposit into a Student’s Account’

Payment Plans

Our interest-free monthly payment plan option allows you to spread each semester’s expenses over monthly installments for a small enrollment fee of $50.00 per semester. To sign up for a monthly payment plan, access the Student Account Center Main Page using the instructions at the top of this page. Once there, select ‘Payment Plans’ from the top menu bar to view available plans and to enroll. Click here for more information about our Installment Payment Plans

 Please note:

· The $50.00 enrollment fee is nonrefundable and is charged on a per-semester basis. This fee is due upon enrollment.

· You must enroll in the payment plan each semester – the plan does NOT roll over from one semester to the next. You will need to set up your plan each semester that you wish to participate.

· All prior semester balances must be paid in full in order to enroll. We do not allow past-due balances to be rolled into our payment plans.

You may also contact our Payment Plans Support number: 833-269-3675

529 Plan Payments/Educational Savings Account Payments

529 Plan Payments/Educational Savings Account Payments


What is a 529 Plan?

A 529 Plan is an education savings plan designed to help families set aside funds for future college costs, with tax benefits. 529 Plans are sponsored by a state or state agency.

If you have tax questions or how best to utilize your 529 plan, we encourage you to contact your financial advisor or your plan administrator.

What expenses can 529 plans cover?

Please contact your plan administrator about eligible expenses.

When should I request a withdrawal from my 529? And, other than a student ID what else do I need to provide?

The process to request a withdrawal varies from plan to plan. Please contact your plan administrator to arrange for payment well in advance of the bill due date for on-time arrival.

Where should my plan send my 529 withdrawal?

You will want to reference your plans withdrawal process for full details but, in general, you can request to have your 529 withdrawal be sent directly to WSU:

Payments can be mailed to:

Westfield State University Attn:

Office of Student Accounts

333 Western Ave.

Westfield, MA 01085

How do I inform your office that my 529 withdrawal has been requested?

Send your 529 confirmation of withdrawal to our office prior to the bill due date, by email and be sure that the confirmation includes the name of your 529 plan, the student ID, and the requested withdrawal amount. Our email address is StudentAccounts@westfield.ma.edu

How long will it take for my withdrawal to be received at WSU?

It depends. When you request your withdrawal be sure to also to notify our office as part of your bill response by sending us an email which includes the name of your 529 plan, the student ID, and the requested withdrawal amount.

Can I use my 529 plan to pay my monthly payment plan?

If you anticipate using 529 plan funds to cover all or a portion of your semester bill, we strongly recommend that you withdraw the full semester amount at one time. If the 529 will not cover all expenses for a semester, you could set up a monthly payment plan to cover the amount that is not being paid by the 529 plan.



Westfield State University partners with BankMobile to deliver electronic refunds to our students. Please take a moment to setup or review your refund preference.

  • Login to your MyWestfield account
  • Click on ‘Main Menu’ by clicking on the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen
  • Then Search for ‘1098-T & Student Refunds’
  • Then click on ‘BankMobile Disbursements’

If you’re due a refund, you’ll receive an email from BankMobile letting you know when it’s processed.

Student Financial Responsibilites

Student Financial Responsibility Agreement

The Student Financial Responsibility Agreement provides important information to students about the cost of their education and the financial policies associated with their enrollment at Westfield State University. This agreement sets forth the expectations for payment and polices related to, non-payment, collections, communications, and financial aid. The agreement also describes Westfield’s business processes. By signing the agreement, students acknowledge they have read the FRA and agree to its terms. Acceptance of the University’s agreement is required by each student in order to access the portal.


I understand that when I register for any class at Westfield State University or service from Westfield State University, I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees, and other associated costs assessed as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services. I further understand and agree that my registration and acceptance of these terms constitutes a promissory note agreement (ie, a financial obligation in the form of an educational loan as defined by the U.S Bankruptcy Code at 11 U.S.C. 523(a)(8) in which Westfield State University is providing me educational services, and I promise to pay for all assessed tuition, fees, and other associated costs by the published or assigned due date.


I understand that Westfield State University conducts business electronically. This includes but is not limited to receiving billing information through the student account at myWestfield. I am responsible for viewing and paying my student account by the scheduled due dates. I further understand that failure to review my bill does not constitute a valid reason for not paying my bill on time. I understand that administrative, clerical or technical billing errors do not absolve me of my financial responsibility to pay the correct amount of tuition, fees and other associated financial obligations assessed as a result of my registration at Westfield State University.


I understand that aid described as “estimated” on my Financial Aid award does not represent actual or guaranteed payment, but is an estimate of the aid I may receive if I meet all requirements stipulated by that aid program. I understand that my Financial Aid Award is contingent upon my continued enrollment and attendance in each class upon which my financial aid eligibility was calculated. If I drop a class before completion, I understand and agree that my financial aid eligibility may decrease and some or all of the financial aid awarded may be revoked. If some or all of my financial aid is revoked because I dropped or failed to attend class, I agree to repay all revoked aid that was disbursed to my account and resulted in a credit balance that was refunded to me. I agree to allow financial aid I received to pay any and all charges assessed to my account at Westfield State University such as tuition, fees, campus housing and meal plans, student health insurance, fines, service fees, or any other amount, in accordance with the terms of the aid.


I understand and agree that if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule http://catalog.westfield.ma.edu/ I have read the terms and conditions of the published tuition refund schedule and understand those terms are incorporated herein by reference. I further understand that my failure to attend class or receive a bill does not absolve me of my financial responsibility as described above.


Financial Hold: I understand and agree that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due to Westfield State University by the scheduled due date a financial hold will be placed on my student account and I will not be permitted to change registration, register for future classes, and or obtain official diploma/transcripts until account balances are paid in full. Westfield State University reserves the right to cancel class schedules for students who have outstanding balances on their accounts. Late Payment Penalty: I understand and agree that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and owing Westfield State University by the scheduled due date, Westfield State University will assess late payment penalty at the rate of up to $100 per semester.


If a payment made to my student account is returned by the bank for any reason, I agree to repay the original amount of the payment plus a returned payment fee of $25.00. I understand that multiple returned payments may result in cancellation of my classes and/or impact my ability to register for future classes at Westfield State University. I understand that failure to comply with the terms of any payment plan or agreement I sign with the University may result in cancellation of my classes and or suspension of my eligibility to register for future classes at Westfield State University.


I understand and accept that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and owing Westfield State University by the scheduled due date, Westfield State University may refer my delinquent account to a third party collection agency. Any accounts turned over to a collection agency will incur all costs of collection. I further understand that I am responsible for paying the collection agency fee which may be a percentage of up to 25% of my delinquent account, together with all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, necessary for the collection of my delinquent account. Finally I understand that my delinquent account may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus.


I understand that Westfield State University participates in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts State Intercept program. I further understand that Westfield State University may refer my delinquent account to the Massachusetts State Intercept program which will intercept my Massachusetts state income tax refunds and or/Massachusetts State Lottery winnings. Any intercepted funds will be applied towards paying my outstanding delinquent balance to Westfield State University.


Method of Communication: I understand and agree that Westfield State University uses e-mail to as an official method of communication with me, and that therefore I am responsible to read and respond to emails I receive from Westfield State University on a timely basis. Contact: I authorize Westfield State University and its agents and contractors to contact me at my current and any future cellular phone number(s), email address (es), or wireless device(s) regarding my delinquent student account(s)/loan(s), and other debt I owe to Westfield State University. I authorize Westfield State University and its agents and contractors to use automated telephone dialing equipment, pre-recorded voice, or text messages, personal calls, and or emails, in their effort to contact me. Furthermore, I understand that I may withdraw my consent to call my cellular phone in writing to the Director of Student Accounts at Westfield State University. Updating Contact Information: I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping Westfield State University records up to date with my current physical address, email, addresses, and phone numbers by completing the necessary paperwork that can be found on the Registrar's office page. https://www.westfield.ma.edu/offices/registrar Upon leaving Westfield State University for any reason, it is my responsibility to provide Westfield State University with updated contact information for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts that remain due and owing to Westfield State University.


This agreement supersedes all prior understandings, representations, negotiations and correspondence between the student and Westfield State University, constitutes the entire agreement between parties with respect to the matters described, and shall not be modified or affected by any course of dealing or course of performance. This agreement may be modified by Westfield State University as necessary to comply with changes in law, regulation or policy. The provisions of this agreement are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Transferring Pending Financial Aid to Owl Bucks

When a student has excess pending financial aid, they can request the excess funds (up to $1,000 per semester) be transferred to their Owl Bucks’ account.  Simply click on this link to access the form.  

More questions? Here’s how to get in touch with the correct department:

Questions regarding your charges, balance due, refunds, and health insurance waiver/enrollment forms should be directed to Student Accounts by emailing StudentAccounts@Westfield.ma.edu

Payment Plans Support number: 833-269-3675. Our dedicated Tuition Payment Plan support representatives will be able to answer questions related to your account balance, plan details, installment payment status and plan agreement. They can also change a payment plan amount (if the plan allows it), remove a user-scheduled payment and enroll a user in a plan.

Questions concerning financial aid should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid by emailing FinancialAid@Westfield.ma.edu

Questions regarding your housing charge or housing assignment should be directed to Housing@Westfield.ma.edu

Questions concerning your meal plan (including pricing and how to add or change your meal plan) should be directed to Dining@Westfield.ma.edu

Questions concerning VA/Military benefits should be directed to Justin Marques jmarques@westfield.ma.edu and/or click here to view more information regarding Veteran and Military Services