Welcome to Westfield State University!

At Westfield State University, students are immersed in diverse learning environments where everyone is respected. We welcome international students from all national origins and are committed to supporting them in their academic and campus community engagement.

The University is known for its strong teaching in its academic programs, devotion to student services, and a highly visible honors program for distinguished students.

Applying is Easy!

To complete your application to Westfield State, follow these four simple steps:

1. Start your application

At Westfield State, there are two ways to apply: The Common Application or the Westfield State Application.  We do not have a preference as to which application you complete.

2. Complete the International Student Information Form

3. Request your English Proficiency Test report be sent to Westfield State

Westfield State requires the following scores for each test:

  • TOEFL: 79
  • IELTS: 6.5
  • Duolingo: 110
  • Students may submit proof of Conditional Recommendation and Competency in Level B2 of the Intensive English Program at the International Language Institute (ili.edu) in Northampton, MA.

This requirement may be waived if the language of instruction in high school or college was English for the last three years, or if students are enrolling from a country where English is one of the primary languages.

4. Request a credential evaluation of your transcripts

Transcripts from outside the United States (including high school, college, and university), must be submitted to a credential evaluating agency.  Below are some of the agencies Westfield State University recommends:

All international transcripts must have an evaluation completed and sent directly from the agency to Westfield State.  Evidence of fraudulent evaluations will result in an immediate withdrawal of any application to the University.

Students whose primary language of instruction is English should reach out to the Admission Office to determine if a course-by-course evaluation is required.

Transfer Students

Transfer students will be required to send Official Transcripts for all colleges and universities attended in the United States.


To obtain your I-20 to apply for an F-1 visa, students must submit the following:

An I-20 will not be issued until the Certification of Finances is completed and verified by the University.  

Transfer students studying in the U.S. should provide a copy of the I-20 and request their current school to release their I-20 by completing and sending a transfer verification to their current DSO.

For questions about the I-20 process, please contact the International Programs Office at ipac@westfield.ma.edu.

Start Your Application

There are two ways to apply.

Have questions? We’re here for you!

Campus Globe against cloudy blue sky

Contact Us

Undergraduate Admissions
Horace Mann Center
333 Western Avenue, Westfield, MA 01086