Begin your global adventure now!
Studying abroad is a unique educational experience that provides global learning opportunities that are critical to a student’s success in the 21st Century.
Students who have studied abroad have greater intercultural understanding, better grasp the complexity of global issues, and are better equipped to work with people from other countries. Studies have even shown a positive correlation between students who study abroad and higher grade point averages and degree completion rates. And this is especially true for underrepresented and at-risk students.
- STUDY ABROAD: the minimum is a 2.75 GPA and second-semester sophomore status (some programs have higher requirements).
- NATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE: some programs are open to first-year students, but most require sophomore status; 2.5 GPA (some programs have higher requirements).
- SHORT-TERM STUDY ABROAD COURSES: 2.25 GPA; most courses are open to any major and any class level, check course descriptions.
- Go to myWestfield
- Select the Academics tab
- Select Access/Apply International Programs
- Create Account and select non-WSU login
- (You'll be given credentials to log into the Program database)
Destinations & Programs
The Study Abroad program offers students in all majors the opportunity to study abroad for a semester or a year in over 250 programs.
Our International Programs Office is here to make this dream a reality. We'll assist you in deciding where to go, which travel option is the best fit for you, and help you with all the procedures that accompany studying away.